(Disclosure: this post contains affiliate link)
It has happened to the best of us, a haircut gone ever so slightly wrong – one where you end up with too many layers! Thanks to a few tips from our friends at Madison Reed this hair emergency can be solved.
The Emergency: Your hair has more layers than a wedding cake.
How You May Have Gotten Here: You told your stylist that you wanted to add a few face framing pieces and you ended up with the Jennifer Aniston “Rachel” haircut circa 1994.
- Ponytail it. Slip into an effortless messy bun. Twirl it into an elegant French twist.
- Pull back the hair that surrounds your face with a head band.
- This is the perfect time to play around with styles until you find something you like.
- Curl it.
- Curls are very forgiving when your hair is at different lengths.
- Styling the hair with curls can mask the unevenness of the cut.
- Go to a different stylist and ask them to blend the layers together.
Tips for Prevention: When going to your stylist, have a clear plan in mind. Pictures are a great way to show what you want. Be perfectly clear about how you feel about loosing length and ask your stylist to show you exactly how much they plan on taking off.
If you are looking for a new color, too, try Madison Reed’s healthier for you color. Happy October! Take $10 off your first purchase of Madison Reed hair color – just use the offer code OCTOBERLOVE at checkout.
I am very lucky in that I have a hair dresser that I absolutely love. It took me years to find the right person for my hair. But she is the only one that I trust to do my hair. So another tip to you would be if you see someone with the style you like ask them where they get their hair done and try their stylist for a while if you are unhappy with yours. That is how I found mine and it was a decision I have yet to regret.