Some days you just wanna see something get utterly decimated. You know those days.
When one such day is upon you, you’re guaranteed satisfaction if you check out any of these beasts doing their thang:
- King Kong and the Skullcrawlers, Kong: Skull Island– King Kong is not amused that idiot humans came to his peaceful island and started messing around. That’s why he starts swatting their helicopters out of the sky and smashing them underfoot the minute he sees them. But he’s still the “good guy” in this fight, as it’s the freaky-looking, savage, and super-fast lizard-dino-thingies (the “Skullcrawlers”) that Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, and Brie Lawson really have to worry about.
- The Monster and the Robot, Colossal – This impossible-to-classify indie was one of my favorite 2017 movies, and you just need to see it. I don’t want to give too much away, but it involves Anne Hathaway as a drunk trying to get her life together, Jason Sudeikis as an old friend from her hometown, and, um… gigantic beasts that materialize out of thin air and begin stomping around and ravaging Seoul, South Korea.
- The dinosaurs, Jurassic Park and Jurassic World – As Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) said best, “Life, uh, finds a way.” And so do dinos who can easily overpower the stupid humans who brought them back from extinction. They’ll find a way . . . to destroy us all!
- Godzilla, Godzilla – Around the world and across all of his cinematic variations and iterations, Godzilla is perhaps the movie beast most equated with destruction. But as we learn in this excellent 2014 reboot, perhaps he was totally misunderstood this whole time!
- The Incredible Hulk, Thor: Ragnarok, The Avengers franchise – Two words: HULK SMASH!
- Stripe and his spawns, Gremlins – Lest you think only huge beasts can wreak havoc, this cute little furry mogwai will remind you that size doesn’t matter.
- The Mutant Gorilla (George), Wolf and Crocodile, Rampage – When three canisters fall from space and spray gene-mutating pathogens onto unsuspecting animals, only The Rock will be able to save us from the mayhem that erupts next. Sounds like the right guy for the job to me. Want more? We’ve got a 10-minute preview of Rampage now available to rent at the Box and On Demand.
What’s your favorite movie beast? (“Favorite” meaning “Man it’s awesome to watch this thing destroy a major city over the course of a few minutes . . . but I hope one never exists in real life!)
By: The Movie Experts at Redbox.com