What is the first thing you notice when you enter someone’s house or a business premise? Is it the gate? Most of us do that. A nice structure, material, and color of the gate can create a good impression.
With our fascination for new things on a rise, automatic gates are replacing manual ones in many corporate buildings, workshops, and homes. These gates not only cut a pretty picture but also add a niche to the owner’s persona.
How Do They Work?
As the name suggests, an automatic gate works with the help of a carefully designed electrical circuit placed within a sealed enclosure. This is installed on the gates and are known as gate operators. These gates come in a variety of shapes and their working mechanism is chosen based on the budget and space considerations.
A number of access control devices can be used to restrict and permit the entry of individuals and vehicles into a facility through an automatic door. Generally, automatic gates installation comes with access attachments which support.
Why Choose an Automatic Gate?
Along with their capability to draw attention, there are many other points in favor of automatic gates installation.
- An automatic gate is the epitome of comfort and luxury. The owner is saved from the hassle of opening and closing the door physically every time someone comes.
- In a business premise where many people enter and exist, such gates can help in keeping at bay the unwanted intruders and also help in recording the attendance of its employees.
- When the owners of the house are working or on a continuous go, the automatic door installation comes very handy, as it helps in controlling the access of trespassers and thief’s into the house.
- People with young kids often find such doors as an added safety net for their child’s security, as these gates restrict free entry and exit.
An automatic gates installation entails a good cost initially, but its advantages ooverweighthe cost consideration making it a good choice for big companies and house owners alike.
Any electrical appliance or machinery succumbs to weather changes, working glitches, power issues and other external factors. Since automatic gates installation is a costly affair it is quintessential to undertake regular maintenance of the same to avoid loss of hard-earned money and ensure a swift working of the system.
- Weather plays an important role in the working of these gates. Rainy season brings a lot of moisture with it and the slightest seepage can make the circuit to malfunction. So, it is vital to get the system checked before the onset of monsoons to avoid any such seepage.
- Rodents and spiders often create webs and leave unwanted debris on these electrical systems. This jams the circuit and it fails to function properly. Regular cleaning routines can help in avoiding this situation.
- A good quality automatic gates installation can go a long way. Better brands have better functionality, provide regular service and an inclusive guarantee for their product.
- Rusting is another grave issue which most of the automatic gates face. To make sure that corrosion does not wither the beauty of your gate get it waxed or painted at regular intervals.
- Taking help of professionals and experts in accessing what type of gate will be best for your premise and budget is essential.
A detailed utility analysis, cost and brand comparison followed by dedicated periodical service and an up keep routine for your automatic gate will make sure that your gate will retain its charm and performance for a long period of time, giving you the maximum value for the money spent.