Summer’s over and everyone is heading back to school, returning to the usual daily routine – and same goes for our furry friends.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance has come up with a pup-safe list of foods for furry friends to enjoy, as well as what to avoid.
Pup Safe Treats:
– Sliced oranges boost the immune system and give pups energy.
– Apples help freshen bad puppy breath!
– Bananas can be given, but sparingly, to let your pup enjoy a sweet treat.
– Green beans are full of vitamins, low in calories and make a great treat for your dog.
– Carrots are packed with fiber, beta-carotene, and antioxidants. Dogs love their crispness!
Snacks to Avoid:
– Chocolate is toxic to dogs!
– Grapes and raisins can lead to sudden kidney failure for a pup.
– Xylitol is a sugar substitute that even in small amounts can cause low blood sugar, seizures, liver failure and, in some cases, death.
The below infographic is an excellent way for pet parents to know at-a-glance which snacks to grab and how to make sure their pet lives a long and healthy life.