Did you know June 5th is National Doughnut Day? In the spirit of this day Krispy Kreme will give a free doughnut to every customer that day. I mean you don’t even have to purchase anything to grab your free donut.
Whether it’s powdered, filled or a hot Original Glazed®, stop in for a free doughnut from Krispy Kreme. In honor of National Doughnut Day, on Friday, June 5, stop in to any Krispy Kreme US or Canadian location for a FREE doughnut of any variety–including its world famous Original Glazed® doughnut. Includes Puerto Rico.But did you know that you can make your own doughnuts from biscuits? Just in case there is not a Krispy Kreme near you ( and I am so sorry if there isn’t one) then you can make your own doughnuts from refrigerator bisuits.
- Refrigerated biscuits
- cooking oil
- topping for Doughnuts
- Take a glass and place it on top of the biscuits, so that you have center that you can cut out.
- Roll the centers into a ball to make doughnut holes
- Heat up cooking oil so that you can fry these yummy doughnuts up.
- Fry those the doughnuts until they are a golden brown
- Dip them into your topping. We used a cinnamon sugar mixture, powdered sugar as well as leaving them plain.
- Last eat them. These are so yummy. I will have to say that I love the plain ones the best.
These doughnuts were not only easy to make but they are also were yummy. They did not last long in my house because we gobbled them up as quick as they came out the oil. There is nothing better than a hot doughnut with a cold glass of milk or a cup of coffee. So tell me have you ever made doughnuts from biscuits before? If so what toppings did you use?