Champagne style bare budget is not always about being cheap it can mean that you pay a little more but for quality product. I have been privileged enough to know this young lady who posted this status on her Facebook post. I asked her if I can use it as a guest post and she said sure. She also guest posts on Adventures of Frugal Mom. She has a post about how her brother changed since going into the Air Force. You may want to check it out. But now read her guest post status here.
Hey, guys! After much consideration and thought, I have decided to become a Mary Kay Consultant. Now, I know what y’all may be thinking: “Hah, she’ll grow out of this” or “What the heck is she thinking? She’ll be selling makeup!” And that’s perfectly okay. I get it. But let me just tell you a few things about my decision, anyways, because I want to make it known.
1. The last time I’ve met a group of people so enthusiastic and encouraging about joining their team was when I was considering going to Meredith College. Still to this day, I believe that attending Meredith was by far the best decision I have ever made in my life, and I don’t regret it for a second. I’ve become one of those crazy Meredith girls that practically wants to hug any random MCG I meet on the street, and, honestly, I like that Mary Kay reminds me of that.
2. Mary Kay is Christian-orientated. This organization believes in God first, family second, and career third in the priorities of life, and I think that’s fantastic. Granted, I’m going to have this job be my 4th priority after school, of course, but I love that it makes us keep things in perspective.
3. I already wear the makeup and I basically promote it already. My favorite products are the mascara and lip balm, hands down, and I love getting compliments on how I look. Plus, I’m going to loveee the employee discount. I’m not going to lie.
4. I feel like I’m going to be in a good market for customers at my all-girls’ school. The products really are reasonably priced and they are great-quality and last a while.
5. They don’t test on animals. I like that.
6. I can go at my own pace. I can work as much or as little as I like, really. It just depends on how hard I’m willing to work. And there are prizes and incentives to working hard! I can get a free car! Just let that sink in. I’m not saying I need one right now, but heck yeah I’ll take it if I earn it!
7. Facials and girls nights are fun. You know they are. And that’ll be my job! (We also have products for guys. Jusssst saying.)
8. Life has a way if catching up with you.. And finances are tight. Junior year is a big year for me and I was already considering getting a 2nd job outside of Build-a-Bear and on top of my course load and student leadership positions. By being a consultant, I choose my own hours, and I really do think I can be successful at it.
Now, with all of that being said, I’m pretty excited about jumping out of my comfort zone and taking a risk here. That’s a part of growing up, right? I’ll be having my debut party hopefully within a month of two and I’d love it if you (yes.. You!) could come and support me! You won’t be under and obligation to buy anything, but I wouldn’t complain if you wanted to;)
Because I’m going into Mary Kay to MAKE money, I’m not going to SPEND money. It’s always best for consultants to already have an inventory on the spot, but I will not be having one as I do not have the finances for it. Therefore, if you do happen to purchase from me, you’ll have to wait approximately 5-10 days to receive your product. I receive a certain about of commission from the orders. All of the money that I make from Mary Kay will go towards a separate account to save up for products so I can one day have an inventory, which will really help me out sales-wise for the future. After I receive an inventory, half of my earnings will go towards paying off my Onyx ring (it’s a HUGE Meredith College thing), and then 80% of my earnings will go towards paying off loans for school. As you can see, I have a plan!
Long story short, I’m a Mary Kay consultant and I’d love to do business with you! Let me know if you’d like more information on products, facials, or anything else about Mary Kay! I’m going I be setting up my website soon and then I’ll be ready to go. I’ll let y’all know when my debut party will be.
Brooke is a wonderful and intelligent young lady who is entering her junior in college. She is the oldest of 4 children and is very involved in the local community. I am very pleased that she offered to write for me while I am recovering from surgery. Hope you enjoy her writing as much as I have had.