In the construction of a house or commercial building, the importance of balustrades is something we all know. Apart from adding a sense of safety to the terraces and staircases, the balustrades also make your property look beautiful and pleasing to the eyes. This is the reason why the manufacturers of balustrades nowadays are coming up with different designs, made from various materials. The cost of balustrading certainly depends on the quality, material, and design of the balustrade. For this reason, it is vital to get some idea about these items.
Types of balustrades to choose from
- Stainless steel – Balustrades made from stainless steel are the most widely used. The reason is the high durability of these balustrades. In addition, the versatility associated with the stainless-steel balustrades also add to their popularity. It is easy to give a wide range of shape and design to the balustrades made from stainless steel. You can find them in square steel poles, rounded shape, etc. In order to add more aesthetic elements to these structures, some manufacturers ornate the stainless steel balustrades with filigree shapes. Likewise, you can consider including timber handrails to the stainless steel balustrades.
- Wood – After stainless steel, wood is the most widely preferred material for balustrading. The simplicity of wooden balustrades, particularly in terms of their design can totally steal your heart. For a rustic look, you should definitely opt for wooden balustrades. Plus, if you want to get the design customized, you can easily get it done.
- Stone – In case you are in a mood to splurge money on the balustrades then the stone is the perfect material for you. The luxurious aspect of stone balustrades makes them apt for magnificent buildings and villas. When it comes to manufacturing stone balustrades, there are two methods used, which are casting and carving. As a matter of fact, the method of carving a stone is considered more expensive. In case you want marble as your stone, you certainly have to shell out some good amount of money. Nevertheless, the look you would get in return will surely impress e everyone.
- Polymer – If you are looking for an option which can replace the stone balustrades then you should definitely go for the polymer balustrades. These balustrades look quite like the stone-made ones, and the price associated with the polymer material is cheaper too. In addition, a polymer material is light in weight, resulting in easy and quick installation. For those who do not know, a polymer is made from a blend of limestone dust, pigment and polymer resin. In the market, there are tons of designs to choose from.
- Polyurethane – In case you are looking for an affordable option which is also durable and light in weight then you should take a look at the balustrades made from polyurethane. The durability and design of these balustrades will never disappoint you.
- Vinyl – This is another good option for low-cost balustrading. Irrespective of the pricing, vinyl balustrades are one of the best ones in the market, mainly due to their low-maintenance aspect. A vinyl balustrade is a decent choice for those who do not want to shell out money unnecessarily.
- Glass – There is no doubt that glass balustrades have become the flag bearer of today’s balustrade business. The modern appeal of glass balustrades can easily impress anyone. Glass balustrades are mostly used in commercial places, such as offices, malls, hospitals, etc.
So, those were some of the main options available in the market of balustrades. When choosing your option, remember to pay attention to the reputation of the supplier.