Leaving your dog home all day can be challenging. Some pet parents find it easier to hire a dog walker—but have you thought about enrolling your pup in doggy daycare? We’ve got the important questions to ask potential doggy daycares to help you make an educated decision for your dog.
Important Questions To Ask
I know, I know—decisions concerning your pet can sometimes be very hard to make. But don’t shy away from asking the hard questions, y’all. Trust me: answering them is vital—including questions about doggy daycare. You’re deciding if this daycare is a good fit for your pup, and you want to ensure that you’ve asked all the right questions.
- Is there a temperament test? The doggy daycare should assess your pup’s personality and behavior before accepting them. It also helps with customized care.
- What kind of training does the staff have? Ensure the faculty are trained in fundamental care and safety procedures at a bare minimum.
- What procedures does the doggy daycare have in place for emergencies, such as injuries or natural disasters? Some of the staff should have training in canine first aid. Don’t forget to ask how they will communicate with you if a natural disaster strikes.
- Do they offer daily or weekly reports? Will you have access to a webcam? Will the daycare notify you promptly if they notice a change in your pet’s well-being or behavior?
- Do they use corrections? If so, what type?
- Do they have various activities to appeal to a variety of dogs?
- Are there comfortable designated rest areas?
- Is the business bonded and insured?
If the doggy daycare staff are warm, comforting, patient, and eager to answer all of your questions, you can feel confident they will take great care of your pup. I think it’s a wonderful feeling—if you want to feel it, too, choose the perfect doggy daycare.
Is Doggy Daycare the Right Move?
Y’all, every dog has different needs, and as their pet parent, you’re the one in the best position to decide if doggy daycare is the correct place for your pup.
Many fantastic benefits come from enrolling your fur baby in a fabulous daycare facility. When the time comes for you to pick them up, they’ll be exhausted from all the exercise, mental stimulation, and socialization.
If you work long hours or have a high-energy dog, doggy daycare may be the answer to your prayers. Y’all will be able to relax knowing that your pup is well taken care of and enjoying their time. It’s a much better solution compared to your dog being alone and cramped in a cage at home all day. When you know that you’ve asked the important questions to potential doggy daycares, you can be confident that you’ve chosen the correct one, y’all. Rest assured that your dog is enjoying themselves when they go there.