The concept of floating floor is now highly popular among the modern house owners, as they need not bear much hassle for their home renovation for installing these types of timber flooring. The floating floor is such named because no nail or glue is ever used to fix these floorings in the rooms. Hence, the floating timber floors are very easy and popular options for the beautification of a house. These floorings are simply placed over the previously placed concrete floors or marble tiles.
Two Common Varieties of Floating Timber Floors
There are two main types of floating timber floors; namely real floating floors and fake floating floors. In case of the real floating floor of timber, a thin layer of timber is attached to a piece of solid fibreboard that is used for providing support. As these wooden boards are attached together prior installation on floors, it is a very simple affair to lay out this type of floating floors in the rooms. On the other hand, the fake floating floors are made by laminating the timber surface with a thin layer of raisin or paper. You need to discuss with an expert regarding the fake and the original timber floating floors, and in any case, sanding the fake floors can be hard. Floating timber floors of high quality are good to be installed in those areas which have extreme forms of summer and winter.
Major Benefits Obtained from The Floating Timber Floors
- Cheaper prices – The floating hardwood floors are quite cheaper than the actual timber floorings, as a lesser quantity of timber boards are needed for making floating floors. Moreover, no extra installation cost is involved in case of floating floors.
- Easy installation process – As there is no need to call any professional for the installation of floating timber floors, the house owner can do this job himself. He just needs to follow a few simple instructions of snap and lock procedure. All these instructions are provided with the readymade timber boards.
- The better appearance of floors – There are many varieties of colors and textures available for the timber boards of floating floors. Moreover, these floating floors are much better looking than the fixed type of timber floorings due to the options of innovative designs. These designs are formed by the connection of timber boards in the style of various jigsaw puzzles. Apart from these, you can get different rustic tones and even darker colors in floating timber floors, that will go well with the contemporary decor of your house.
- Perfect fitting of flooring – A small gap is intentionally left while installing the floating floors to allow the free expansion or contraction of the woods. So there is no chance of distortion of these readymade timber boards. This gap is also fulfilled by the expansion of the total timber floor in course of time. Hence, it is perfect for use in places with extreme atmospheric humidity.
- Retention of original looks – The glaze of the floating floors is same as that of the ceramic floor tiles, which can be retained in original condition for many years. Thus, the house owner needs not worry about renovation very soon. This type of floor just needs to be cleaned regularly and occasional sanding is enough to maintain its natural beauty.
- Much stronger flooring – Usually, a floating floor is made with numbers of thin layers of timber, generally seven layers, all fixedly attached together. Thus, this kind of flooring is stronger and more durable than ordinary timber floorings.
Thus, the floating floor of timber is a great way of having the comfort of stepping on warm wooden floors in comparatively lower costs.
About the Writer
This post is written by Joseph Webb. Joseph is an excellent blogger and philosophers, His keen observation to provide useful information which helps readers to get more ideas. He can be found on Facebook and on Twitter as @aussiesmag.