The windows are the prime features of any building and the house owners take special care to install the good quality windows that will last for many years and add to the house decor. The windows are also essential for the proper ventilation of the rooms and the window double glazing is now considered as the best option in every modern building. Here, two glass panes are joined together to form a single window panel, where these two panes are separated by an air cavity for providing the desired insulation. There are many benefits of installing this type of window that contributes to its wide popularity among the house owners.
Prime Merits of Installing Window Double Glazing At Homes
- Keeps the room warm in winter – The chilling cold winds and snowflakes can be prevented from entering the indoors during winter, by installing highly durable window double glazing on the specific window frame. Thus, the rooms can be kept much warmer even at nearly freezing temperatures outside. Moreover, these double glazed window panes can transfer the natural warmth of the sunlight to the room atmosphere, for raising the temperature to a comfortable level.
- Maintains coolness in summer – The double glazed window panes are specially coated for increasing the insulating capability of the glass. The window double glazing prevents the entry of summer heat into the room, while it also retains the coolness created inside by the actions of the air conditioners. The air cavity present in between the glass panes traps the incoming heat of the sunrays and thus keeps the room absolutely insulated. The tinted glass surfaces also prevent the entry of direct sunlight into the room, making it semi-dark and cooler.
- Much lesser energy expense – Since the rooms are kept at comfortable temperatures in all seasons of the year due to the double glazed windows, the residents do not need to switch on their air conditioners or room heaters too often for optimizing their indoor atmospheres. Hence, the energy consumption can be the minimum in all cases, reducing the monthly electric bills of the house owners. The environment is also preserved by this energy saving efficiency of the window double glazing glasses.
- Lesser condensation of moisture – Normally, when the humid air touches the colder surface of the glass panes, the excess moisture condenses to form water droplets that deposit on the window frames. This excess moisture may cause rotting of the wooden window frames and encourage the growth of molds that are harmful to the health of the residents. However, the window double glazing panes prevent this condensation of the atmospheric moisture, as its air cavity stops the transfer of coolness from the colder to the warmer sides of the windows.
- Helps in maintaining indoor colors – Usually, the harsh UV rays of the sunlight cause the fading of the colors of all the upholsteries of the rooms, making the curtains, carpets and sofa covers look much older. The tinted double glazed panes block the entry of these UV rays and the extreme heat, thus saving the major home decor items from untimely damage.
- Prevents sound pollution – A major function of the window double glazing is the prevention of loud and disturbing external noises from entering the room all the time. Thus, the residents can expect a quieter and peaceful life, without the ill effects of sound pollution on their health. The houses beside the busy urban streets are greatly benefitted from these windows, as the sounds can be blocked up to 20% – 60% due to the mechanism of this type of window.
The double glazed glass panes of the window can also prevent the entry of dust, dirt, and insects; thus saving the residents from several health problems. Moreover, the security of the home is better ensured by the high stability of the thick double glass panes.