There is nothing I love better on a cool evening than a bowl of soup. If that soup is potato soup than that is even better. Friday the weather was cool here and when that morning I was scrambling trying to figure out what to make for my family for dinner. As we are Catholics, my choices were limited. No meat on Friday for Lent. There is just so much fish that a person can eat. So I found this yummy recipe for crock pot potato soup that I made and with just a few tweaks it is now a meatless recipe for lent.
- 1 32 oz bag Frozen Hash Browns (Cubed)
- 1 32 oz. box Chicken Broth
- 1 Family sized can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Shredded Cheese
- Put the hash browns in the crock pot.
- Add in the chicken broth and cream of chicken soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into very small cubes. Place the cubes in the crock pot.
- Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving. Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready.
- Top with shredded cheese.
This potato soup was a big hit in my family. I had enough leftover that we could make another meal out of it. Gracie, my youngest has decided she wants to be selective about the meat she eats so this is perfect for her to heat up when we are having a dinner that she does not like to eat. She will eat some chicken but for the most part she wants no meat and tons of vegetables. So I am always looking for recipes that I can tweak to make everyone in my family happy. So tell me do you have any recipes that you prepare this time of year that do not contain meat? If you do, share them please. I am always willing to try anything that I think my family might like. So do you see a pot of potato soup in your future?