There is always that one gift that you get at Christmas that makes you think what were they thinking? Did they think I would like that or did they think they were buying it for themselves? I will admit that in the past few years, I have gotten quite a few gifts like that from my mom and my sisters. It has gotten to the point that when we are asked to make out a holiday list, I maybe put a few things on it but honestly don’t expect much.
Then comes that inevitable moment when I open that what were they thinking gift- and I simply simple and politely say thank you. I mean what else can you do? Instead of hassling the crowds to return the item for cash, I hold on to it and either regift it ( Yes I am one of those people) or I give it away to a good cause. That is where most of the door prizes from Girls’ Night Out came from.
Don’t judge you know you do this too!!! So you can imagine my surprise when a what-not-to-buy holiday list hit my email inbox, I knew immediately that I was going to share it with you.
So here it is a list of 2019 Holiday Flops
- Cardigans and Pom-Pom Shoes: While Mr. Rogers is having a moment right now, apparently classic cardigans for women are not. And if you thought boots with the fur were bad…have you seen the shoes with pom-poms? Just, don’t do it.
- Air Fryers: These faux deep fryers have become the new Instant Pots…both of which are better left on store shelves. Not gonna lie, I got one for Christmas last year, and other than take it out of the box, I have never used it. My Instant Pot well that is another story.
- Stud Finders: If you find yourself walking the aisles at a hardware store looking for that perfect gift for dad, just keep walking past the stud finders. Contrary to women’s popular belief (well, pretty much… everywhere), not everyone needs help finding a stud. Runner up? Night vision goggles. I guess It’s a relief to know there’s not an abundance of night visioned creepers roaming around your neighborhood?
- Cooling Towels: We’re guessing that suggesting someone sweats a lot to gift a cooling towel could be slightly insulting? Or, people just still prefer old-fashioned fans and A/C. Honestly, with all the hot flashes that I am having right now, I wouldn’t mind a few of those in my Christmas Stocking. Plus I wouldn’t say no to another fan or two or three.
- Fur Throw Pillows: You shouldn’t gift your decorating taste on to others regardless of how fabulously on-trend you think you are. Apparently, not everyone likes the look of an Alpaca living on their living room furniture. I actually want one for the blog cabin, but I can see the point with this one. Not everyone’s decorating style is the same.
So tell me have you ever received a gift and thought what were they thinking? If so leave your comment below, I promise I won’t laugh well not laugh as much.