To understand parquet wood floors, we need to understand what parquetry is. Parquetry is a French term that means a mosaic of wooden pieces that is used for designing and decorating floors. There are various patterns that people can avail when it comes to parquet wood floors – triangles, squares, etc. However, the most common pattern that is found in flooring is the herringbone pattern. Anyone who has a fair idea about flooring and decoration will know that parquet wood flooring is becoming increasingly popular and for good reason.
When it comes to parquet wood floors, there is no end to the different patterns, shapes of patterns and sizes that are available. One can keep experimenting with them and still not end up with any because the options are plenty. There is a lot more to choose from than just the different grains of wood.
Parquet flooring leaves behind a masterpiece that is timeless and traditional. A home that has a parquet wood floor feels a lot more like home than the others because the sophistication, royalty, and comfort that a parquet floor offers, cannot be found in any other kind of flooring.
The basic advantages or benefits of using parquet wood floors
The advantages of installing parquet wood floors in a house are many. From variety to quality, there is a lot that parquet flooring excels in. That is why it is considered one of the best flooring options for almost any house. Experts also suggest parquet wooden flooring to people looking for suggestions. Some benefits of choosing parquet wood floors are as follows:
- Appearance and appeal: Going by appearance, there is no competition for parquet wood flooring because the perfect mixture of grandeur, simplicity, and warmth cannot be found in any other kind of flooring. Just walking around on the floor or being in a room that has parquet wood floor can make even a guest feel at home. It is gorgeous to look at and the rich texture adds glamour to the entire room.
- Durability: Parquet wood floors are extremely durable. The multi-layered tiles of parquet wood help absorb impact and give more strength to the flooring. Thus, it does not get damaged easily, even when it is subjected to rough use. Durability is a crucial factor that needs to be considered for flooring and there is no better choice than parquet wood.
- Variety: Parquet wood floors are unique because there are many patterns, designs, shapes, sizes and textures to choose from. One can select different parquet wood for different regions of the house. They blend in so well that it looks extremely aesthetic. Therefore, there is a lot that one can do with parquet wood floors.
- Cost: There are many layers to parquet wood tiles. Therefore, if someone is on a budget, he or she can easily replace the material of the lower layers with something that is a little more economical or cost-effective. This way, the overall cost of parquet wood flooring goes down by a considerable amount.
- Easy to clean: Rugs and carpets can house a lot of dust and allergies that can later prove detrimental to the health of the residents of the house. However, that is not the case for parquet wood floors. They are extremely easy to clean and there is absolutely no space for any kind of dust to accumulate.
The above-mentioned advantages of going with parquet wood floor are only a few. There are many other reasons as to why one should pick parquet wood floors when the idea is to never settle for anything less than the best.