Literary legends, iconic travelers and educated globetrotters have been the primary source of travel inspiration for centuries. Before there were clever hashtags and colorful Instagram feeds to inspire wanderlust, there were books and memoirs. Some of which, have offered the greatest adventure advice of all time.
While books offer some brilliant inspiration, sometimes you don’t feel like committing to a long read just to feel inspired to set out and explore this great world of ours, so why not use a daily reminder? That’s where travel quotes come in. CarRentals put together this amazing list of 61 quotes that will inspire your inner wanderlust, complete with customizable postcard printables.
Most of us are familiar with travel quotes like Helen Keller’s popular words, “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” or Chief Seattle’s “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” While we love these sayings, we’ve also heard them a thousand times, so this collection looks at some of the lesser known words that will expand your travel horizons and strike an emotional chord — think iconic words from legends like Anthony Bourdain, Jack Kerouac, and Miriam Beard. Write in your favorite quotes on these printable postcards then add to your home, office or send to a friend during your travels this holiday season.
No matter where you’re at in life, these iconic words are bound to ignite your inner explorer. Whether you need a little help recovering from a recent adventure, curing post-trip blues or you’re just in search of a little boost to inspire your next excursion, we’ve got you covered with these great wanderlust quotes.
Below we’ve featured the collection of quotes from iconic female travelers. We hope that you’ll take a moment to thank those who’ve gone before and acknowledge the incredible sense of pride and strength that comes from being a female traveler in a foreign country. Find the full list of quotes and their postcard printables here.
- “Travel is more than seeing the sights; it is a change that goes on deep and permanent in the ideas of living” — Miriam Beard
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Girls don’t wait for the prince anymore, they just pack and travel the world.” — Unknown
- “Paris is always a good idea.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” — Freya Stark
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” — Helen Keller
- “You will never be completely at home again because part of your heart always will be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.”— Miriam Adeney
- “Loving life is easy when you are abroad. Where no one knows you and you hold your life in your hands all alone, you are more master of yourself than at any other time.” —Hannah Arendt
- “A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places.” — Isabelle Eberhardt
- “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” — Melody Truong
- “An adventure may be worn as a muddy spot or it may be worn as a proud insignia. It is the woman wearing it who makes it the one thing or the other.” — Norma Shearer
- “As a woman, I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.” — Virginia Woolf
- “Everything you’re sure is right can be wrong in another place.” — Barbara Kingsolver