The Internet has made it easier for expectant parents to research everything about having a baby, from choosing a stroller to buying the right diapers. But it hasn’t been easy for parents to find reliable information on a question that invariably arises: whether or not to circumcise their son?
What a visitor will find:
- An overview of diverse viewpoints from people who are uncertain about, against, and in favor of circumcision;
- A history of the practice, from prehistoric times to the present;
- Discussion of possible benefits of circumcision, as well as harms and risks;
- An overview of the foreskin’s function;
- Links to sources for further information.
Responding to the public’s need for information
Intact America decided to launch CircumcisionDebate.org
“People google circumcision when they want to begin thinking about the issue, but the information they find is either overwhelming, incomplete, or one-sided,” Ms. Chapin says. “We recognized a need to provide basic information so visitors can gain a sense of the entire picture.”
About Intact America
Intact America is the largest national advocacy group working to end involuntary circumcision in America, and to ensure a healthy sexual future for all people. Intact America is based in Tarrytown, New York. For more information, visit Intact America at www.intactamerica.org, on Facebook, and on Twitter.